SOME SPECIAL TYPES OF MATRICES –
There are some different types of matrix has been discussed below with different specification.
1) Row Matrix – A matrix which have only one row is called a row matrix.
For example, A = [5 7 3] and B = [3 4] are row matrices of order (1 X 3) and (1 X 2)
2) Column Matrix – A matrix which have only one column is called a column matrix. There are some example given below for better understanding -
are column matrix of order (3 X 1) and (2 X 1) respectively.
3) Rectangular Matrix – A matrix in which the number of rows is not equal to the number of columns, is called rectangular matrix.
is a rectangular matrix of order (2 X 3).
4) Square Matrix – A matrix in which the number of rows is equal to the number of columns, is called square matrix.
Thus, a matrix of order n X n is called a square matrix of order n.
is a square matrix of order 2.
We may call it a 2-rowed square matrix.
5) Diagonal Matrix – A square matrix in which every non-diagonal element is 0 is called a Diagonal matrix.
are diagonal matrices of orders (2 X 2) and (3 X 3) respectively.
6) Unit or Identity Matrix - A square matrix in which every diagonal element is 1 and every non-diagonal element is 0, called a unit matrix.
are unit matrices of orders 2 and 3 respectively.
7) Zero or Null Matrix – A matrix in which every element is 0 (Zero), is called a Zero or Null matrix.
are zero matrices of order (1 X 2), (2 X 1), and (3 X 2) respectively.
Your second block of text...